Families have been visiting Ocean Grove for generations. It’s not hard to understand why. The roar of the surf, the ocean breezes, the coastal town vibe and it’s surrounded by all the food, wine and attractions of The Bellarine. Ocean Grove has a permanent residential population of 13,100.
Enterprise Geelong our major tourism authority has these numbers increasing to 30,700 staying with registered accommodation providers overnight, weekends, holidays and over the summer months, that’s an increase of nearly 17,000 people that we know of. So the impact of this as you can image is that our services such as supermarkets, restaurants etc is crazy during these times.
We schedule our check-ins and checkouts well in advance so we can pre-book quality commercial cleaners to get our guests in sooner to start enjoying their stay whilst maintaining our standards.
This coming Summer 2017 we will be offering minimum 3 and 4 night stays for our Standard two-bedroom apartments during these busy summer peak periods. You’re very welcome to book more than 1 block giving you a 7 or 10 day stay. Our check in times are 3pm and check out times 11am.
check-in Tuesday – check out Friday (3 night stay)
check-in Friday – check out Tuesday (4 night stay)
We offer the following suggestions that may make the summer a little easier:
- Hungry Thirsty
– as we have a full size kitchen, fan forced oven and cooking facilities cooking or using the BBQ is sometimes an easier option.
– every apartment has a full size fridge/freezer and microwave so a few prepared home cooked options might be useful.
– we have two supermarkets one a 150 meters walk from the Lofts, and its always pretty quiet early in the morning (try and avoid going at lunchtime).
– both Coles and woolworths offer delivery in OG – just make sure your available to receive the order.
– there’s a couple of bottleshops in the main street, Ocean Grove Cellars has some really interesting local wines.
– go for a walk after lunch and make a booking for dinner to make sure you’re not disappointed.
– not forgetting the take-away venues offer pre-orders by phone (its not uncommon to have a 4hr wait for fish n chips on Good Friday in OG) so pre order early.
Free Shuttle Bus
Ocean Grove Traders offer a free shuttle bus that picks up at the bus stop next to the Lofts and makes its way along the surf beaches, surf club, Barwon Heads and back to the Lofts. Its’ really convenient and has a trailer so taking your boards isn’t a problem. We often ask the driver to stop at the hot potato man for a quick and easy lunch.
Check out the Shuttle Bus posts for timetable closer to the season.